Admission and Application
The requirements for admission to LisMath are:
- a Masters of Science degree, with high standing in Mathematics or in a related discipline, from a recognized university. Students with only a bachelor degree may also be accepted under exceptional circumstances, upon approval by the Scientific Board. Note that the recognition of degrees awarded by foreign institutions must be concluded by the starting date of the scholarship contract with FCT;
- proficiency in English.
Call for Applications
The fifth edition of LisMath will start in September 2019. Applications for the fifth round of 9 LisMath Scholarships opens on March 6, 2019 and will close on April 20, 2019. The application procedure is described below.
The application consists of the following steps:
- register on the application submission platform;
- with the login credentials obtained in the previous step, complete the application form;
- upload the following files:
- academic and scientifc curriculum (CV)
- copies of academic records
- statement of purpose
- evidence of proficiency in English
- request two recommendation letters, which should be received before the submission deadline. Follow the instructions on the application submission platform and make sure the referees are aware of the deadline.
Applications that are incomplete or do not comply with the above instructions will NOT be considered.
In addition, candidates may be asked for an interview, either in person or by video conferencing.
The selection of the candidates is made by the Scientific Board.